Everyone ages differently, but the unique nature of breast tissue means that it’s often one of the first body parts to lose skin elasticity and experience degenerative aging effects, particularly in the wake of childbirth and breastfeeding. Mastopexy is a relatively simple and straight-forward procedure that can stop your breasts from looking like they’ve aged faster than the rest of your body.
Is Mastopexy The Right Choice?
Every year, tens of thousands of women enjoy the benefits of mastopexy procedures, but is it right for you? The best results come from clear goals and a desire to fix specific issues. If you can relate to any of the following, there’s a good chance that breast lifting can help you too.
- Did your breasts never return to normal following childbirth or breastfeeding? This is an extremely common situation, and it’s normal for people to decide that they’d like to restore their breasts once they’ve finished having children.
- Are you bothered by a pendulous bust? Many women agree that sagging breasts are uncomfortable, unattractive and inconvenient. Research supports this, and shows that such situations can lead to back pain, posture issues and a variety of ongoing health issues. As such, many mastopexy patients choose to have the operation not for cosmetic reasons, but because it’s the best option for long-term health, where aesthetic benefits are just one of several happy effects.
- Do your nipples and areolas point downwards? This is a frequent consequence of aging, and a number of women decide to fix this issue alongside the other rejuvenating benefits of mastopexy.
- Are you experiencing lack of substance or firmness in your breasts? As a consequence of aging, genetics or both, this is another extremely common issue, and one that breast lifts are chiefly designed to solve.
- Do you suffer from non-symmetrical breasts? This can occur to different extents over time, and in extreme cases can cause an array of long-term health issues. If each of your breasts is noticeably different in terms of size, firmness or feeling, we recommend you come in for a consultation to assess whether or not it might lead to health issues.
If you’re at all unhappy with the appearance or healthiness of your breasts, we’d love for you to come in and have an obligation free consultation information session. Breast lifts are particularly simple and easy operations, so there’s no need to suffer bust-related health issues or self-consciousness a moment longer than you have to.
The Breast Augmentation and Lift Process
Like every procedure at Australia Cosmetic Clinics, a mastopexy begins with an in-depth initial consultation session in which you will meet with one of our acclaimed surgeons. Simply explain what you’re looking to accomplish and what issues you’d like to resolve, and they’ll assess your surgical requirements and determine what can be realistically achieved.
Depending on your needs and chest type, your doctor will recommend either augmentation mammoplasty or a breast lift mastopexy. The difference between these is that augmentation involves using implants to add to breast fullness, while the other one doesn’t. If you have naturally small breasts or one that is distinctly less full than the other, an implant may be necessary to achieve the best results.
The operation itself is conducted under a general anaesthetic or I/V sedation and takes 2-3 hours. During this time, excess skin will be removed and tightened in order to make breasts sit higher and project more, and the nipples will be repositioned as appropriate. Where there isn’t enough skin or body tissue to rework the breasts, an augmentation implant is used to add volume and ensure symmetry.
The versatile range of mastopexy options on offer, coupled with the experience and skill of our advanced surgical team at Australia Cosmetic Clinics, means you’re certain to find a tailored solution that’s perfect for you. As always, the first step is coming in for an initial consultation session. Get seen, informed and advised by an expert. A lot of breast augmentation and lift processes are dependent on your particular requirements, and there are many things that simply must be done in person. To take the next steps forward, book a no-obligation consultation and info session by calling 1300 559 848, or contacting us online.